Promo's

Having a good relationship with my local record store has many advantages and promo's are one of them. A promo: "Promotional copy - not for resale" is given to record stores to make them order the real CDs, a great way of testing new music. I like especially the 'not for resale' part. Most promo's are by relatively unknown bands, as yet unsuccessful, perhaps at the start of their career.
Might aswell put them on this blog, I thought. I've listened to them and decided not to buy the real album, else I'd have put that up here. I hope you do that too: if you hear something (promoted) on this blog you like, that you go out and purchase the music on-line or in a store. With these promo's I actually want you to go an extra mile: if you're enthousiastic about the music write the recordlabel, visit the artist's concert, tell your friends about it, etcetera. You never know what might tip the balance between unsuccessful attempt and megahit.
One more request: if you're a musical daredevil and did download such a promo, even found the time to listen to it, could you write a comment about what you heard and thought about it? Is it Hit or Shit? I'd appreciate that very much and perhaps your comment makes a difference for somebody else.