Rapidshare free downloads
Rapidshare is an excellent service for leeching but only when you're 'Premium'. Free downloading from RS is greatly restricted but there are some ways around it, apparantly. I found on the internet some greater minds than me who have written about the subject, I hope this is useful to anyone:
My great example http://regnyouth.blogspot.com/ has on the left "Useful Articles" with some Rapidshare tricks. From a friendly forum (DancingMokey) I got these tips from addiction_to_oxymoron:
Same forum, Dizzle writes:
Finally you can try to work with proxies. You need to be a bit savvy to use a proxy, I'm not savvy enough but I found an extension for Firefox: SwitchProxy isn't up to date anymore so now I use XYZproxy.
Then you have to find proxies. There are tools for that and you can use Google to find them (Google on "proxy lists"). The downside is that many other people use this way to download from Rapidshare too, so a lot of proxies you find are a. not usable or too slow and b. used already so they're not accepted anymore by RS.
My great example http://regnyouth.blogspot.com/ has on the left "Useful Articles" with some Rapidshare tricks. From a friendly forum (DancingMokey) I got these tips from addiction_to_oxymoron:
1. Clean up your cookies; remove them based on instructions from the browser being used. This is done in the case that one or more cookies may belong to Rapidshare.
2. On Command Prompt type the following:
* ipconfig /flushdns (Press Enter)
* ipconfig /release (Press Enter)
* ipconfig /renew (Press Enter)
* exit (Press Enter)
3. As a second option, one may save these commands in a .bat file. Then, run it everytime one need to use the Rapidshare server.
4. Remember to clean up all Rapidshare cookies in your temp Internet Files folder upon redoing the commands or rerunning the .bat file
Same forum, Dizzle writes:
I have DSL and a dynamic IP address, so all I have to do is get a new IP and I'm able to download.
Go to http://192.168.1.1 which is your router's control page
Disconnect and end your sesssion.
Then clear all your cookies and your cache.
Now re-establish the connection.
Close your browser, and re-open and try the link again.
If this doesn't work right away, try it again and try changing the order in which you disconnect/clear cookies and cache. Sometimes it takes a few times to work for me. Hope this helps.
Finally you can try to work with proxies. You need to be a bit savvy to use a proxy, I'm not savvy enough but I found an extension for Firefox: SwitchProxy isn't up to date anymore so now I use XYZproxy.
Then you have to find proxies. There are tools for that and you can use Google to find them (Google on "proxy lists"). The downside is that many other people use this way to download from Rapidshare too, so a lot of proxies you find are a. not usable or too slow and b. used already so they're not accepted anymore by RS.
<< Home